Best Bits: December 2016
This month has been super busy! Like wow! Did anyone else feel almost lost in how quickly this went? It quite literally all went on.
Now, on with my highlights from this month!
Blogmas. This year was the first year I participated in Blogmas! And much to my surprise, I managed everyday to upload a post. Technically, I managed 26 days of blogging as I shared my November highlights on November 30th followed by one post everyday up until, and including, Christmas Day. Yay me! I'm actually really happy that I did it as it's yet another thing ticked off my 101 in 1001 list.
Christmas parties. Both Josh and I had our work Christmas parties this month. Mine was on the 3rd and his was on he 10th. Of course, I enjoyed mine more and he enjoyed his more.
Birthdays. Rosie and I both celebrated our 20th birthday (how coincidental that we both turned 20 only 20 days apart from one another). You can read about how I spent my birthday here, here and here. For Rosie's birthday, we went out for a meal.
Festive fun. Lauren, Lulu and I went for our festive celebration at a new restaurant in town called Boom Boom. I was due to go there again with Chloe, Rosie and Tasmin but we couldnt find a time where we were all free while the restaurant was open. They closed on Christmas Eve and don't reopen until February.
Chocolate Making. Oh my days, this was so much fun! This was part of my birthday celebrations as well as part of my 101 in 1001. Check me completing two things off that list this month! You can read more about it here.
Oscar. Oscar has just been the cutest little thing this past month or so! Such a mummy's boy! I put the electric blanket on of an evening then when he wakes up wanting attention, I'll get him out and put him on the electric blanket with a treat and I'll sit with him until he's finished it. Once he's finished munching away, he comes running straight for me, sniffing around basically demanding I stop everything just to love him. After a while, he goes for a run in his ball before going back to his cage for food and sleep.
Christmas lights. Sj and I went for a drive to see the Christmas lights that had been entered into the islands local radio stations Christmas competition, 'light up Guernsey'. We struggled to find the first house on our journey by following the map so gave up and drove around aimlessly looking at what houses had been festively decorated with lights. We found some lovely houses, some of which were actually in the light up Guernsey! This was always a tradition I would do with my cousins, auntie and uncle when we were younger but unfortunately we seem to have all grown out of it. Sj and I decided we'd bring back my old tradition and make it a new one of our own. Hopefully we'll do it again next year but go a little more prepared!
Christmas Day. Christmas Day was spent with Josh and my family. We all had a lovely day. My stepdad cooked for the four of us. We exchanged presents with the whole family over Christmas Eve and Christmas Day then spent Boxing Day taking down our decorations and roaming the online sales.
Catch ups. December seems to be the month for social antics. Tasmin is back for the festive period so has been joining Chloe, Rosie and I for our weekly lunches. She's been telling us all about her fun at uni and likewise us with our lives here in Guernsey. I've also had a few catch ups with Sj, Jamie, Cat, Lauren and Lulu. I've also seen a ton of my family.
Friends marathon. I've had Chloe round for a Friends marathon a few times this week. Josh got me the entire box set for my birthday so Chloe and I took full advantage of being able to watch it in order.
New Year's Eve. Tonight, I'm seeing in the New Year with Chloe and Josh. The three of us will be kicking off the evening with pizza before Chloe and I head up to watch some box sets and play some games. We have full intentions of watching the New Years fireworks as well which will be nice.
It felt so weird not blogging on Boxing Day, the 29th or yesterday after blogging everyday from the end of November.
Enjoy your New Year's Eve, however you will be celebrating.
Charlotte
Now, on with my highlights from this month!
Blogmas. This year was the first year I participated in Blogmas! And much to my surprise, I managed everyday to upload a post. Technically, I managed 26 days of blogging as I shared my November highlights on November 30th followed by one post everyday up until, and including, Christmas Day. Yay me! I'm actually really happy that I did it as it's yet another thing ticked off my 101 in 1001 list.
Christmas parties. Both Josh and I had our work Christmas parties this month. Mine was on the 3rd and his was on he 10th. Of course, I enjoyed mine more and he enjoyed his more.
Birthdays. Rosie and I both celebrated our 20th birthday (how coincidental that we both turned 20 only 20 days apart from one another). You can read about how I spent my birthday here, here and here. For Rosie's birthday, we went out for a meal.
Festive fun. Lauren, Lulu and I went for our festive celebration at a new restaurant in town called Boom Boom. I was due to go there again with Chloe, Rosie and Tasmin but we couldnt find a time where we were all free while the restaurant was open. They closed on Christmas Eve and don't reopen until February.
Chocolate Making. Oh my days, this was so much fun! This was part of my birthday celebrations as well as part of my 101 in 1001. Check me completing two things off that list this month! You can read more about it here.
Oscar. Oscar has just been the cutest little thing this past month or so! Such a mummy's boy! I put the electric blanket on of an evening then when he wakes up wanting attention, I'll get him out and put him on the electric blanket with a treat and I'll sit with him until he's finished it. Once he's finished munching away, he comes running straight for me, sniffing around basically demanding I stop everything just to love him. After a while, he goes for a run in his ball before going back to his cage for food and sleep.
Christmas lights. Sj and I went for a drive to see the Christmas lights that had been entered into the islands local radio stations Christmas competition, 'light up Guernsey'. We struggled to find the first house on our journey by following the map so gave up and drove around aimlessly looking at what houses had been festively decorated with lights. We found some lovely houses, some of which were actually in the light up Guernsey! This was always a tradition I would do with my cousins, auntie and uncle when we were younger but unfortunately we seem to have all grown out of it. Sj and I decided we'd bring back my old tradition and make it a new one of our own. Hopefully we'll do it again next year but go a little more prepared!
Christmas Day. Christmas Day was spent with Josh and my family. We all had a lovely day. My stepdad cooked for the four of us. We exchanged presents with the whole family over Christmas Eve and Christmas Day then spent Boxing Day taking down our decorations and roaming the online sales.
Catch ups. December seems to be the month for social antics. Tasmin is back for the festive period so has been joining Chloe, Rosie and I for our weekly lunches. She's been telling us all about her fun at uni and likewise us with our lives here in Guernsey. I've also had a few catch ups with Sj, Jamie, Cat, Lauren and Lulu. I've also seen a ton of my family.
Friends marathon. I've had Chloe round for a Friends marathon a few times this week. Josh got me the entire box set for my birthday so Chloe and I took full advantage of being able to watch it in order.
New Year's Eve. Tonight, I'm seeing in the New Year with Chloe and Josh. The three of us will be kicking off the evening with pizza before Chloe and I head up to watch some box sets and play some games. We have full intentions of watching the New Years fireworks as well which will be nice.
It felt so weird not blogging on Boxing Day, the 29th or yesterday after blogging everyday from the end of November.
Enjoy your New Year's Eve, however you will be celebrating.
Charlotte



Comments
Post a Comment