Blogmas, day 14
On the fourteenth day of Blogmas...
Carrying on from yesterday's Christmas shoebox ideas post, today I'm covering items that are suitable for boxes aimed at boys.
A lot of the items that you can put in a girls box can be mirrored in a boys box, just change the colour scheme up accordingly.
Small toys. Again, Yo-yo's, ping pong balls, and dice are all classics. I guess a ball (and a small pump if required) could also be included but don't forget to check the website of your chosen charity for clarity on what can and cannot be included in your box.
Basic hygiene essentials. Like yesterdays girls shoebox post, items like flannels and bars of soap are always handy items to have. A tooth brush and tooth paste (basic toothpaste flavour, of course) are both welcomed items.
Stationery. I feel like I'm really starting to repeat myself now! But pens, pencils, a rubber, ruler, notepad, etc are all still very handy stuff, no matter the gender.
Colder weather essentials. I know boys can be a bit more on the stubborn side when it comes to keeping warm but a nice hat and a pair of gloves won't go a miss. A cap is also a good little item for the boys.
I did a shoebox last year, and was going to again this year but missed the cut off date, and did a lot of my shopping for the box on Amazon and in Pound Power (I think that's what it's called nowadays). You can still do your good deed this year Christmas even if you're on a budget. Next year, I plan to donate a box for each gender as it's on my 101 in 1001 list.
Tomorrow will most probably be the last of my gift ideas post.
Charlotte.
Carrying on from yesterday's Christmas shoebox ideas post, today I'm covering items that are suitable for boxes aimed at boys.
A lot of the items that you can put in a girls box can be mirrored in a boys box, just change the colour scheme up accordingly.
Small toys. Again, Yo-yo's, ping pong balls, and dice are all classics. I guess a ball (and a small pump if required) could also be included but don't forget to check the website of your chosen charity for clarity on what can and cannot be included in your box.
Basic hygiene essentials. Like yesterdays girls shoebox post, items like flannels and bars of soap are always handy items to have. A tooth brush and tooth paste (basic toothpaste flavour, of course) are both welcomed items.
Stationery. I feel like I'm really starting to repeat myself now! But pens, pencils, a rubber, ruler, notepad, etc are all still very handy stuff, no matter the gender.
Colder weather essentials. I know boys can be a bit more on the stubborn side when it comes to keeping warm but a nice hat and a pair of gloves won't go a miss. A cap is also a good little item for the boys.
I did a shoebox last year, and was going to again this year but missed the cut off date, and did a lot of my shopping for the box on Amazon and in Pound Power (I think that's what it's called nowadays). You can still do your good deed this year Christmas even if you're on a budget. Next year, I plan to donate a box for each gender as it's on my 101 in 1001 list.
Tomorrow will most probably be the last of my gift ideas post.
Charlotte.
Comments
Post a Comment