Blogmas, day five

On the fifth day of Blogmas...

Today I thought I'd share with you some Christmas ideas 'for him'. 

I find the men in my life so awkward to buy for. You ask them what they want and they tell you that they don't want anything as they already have everything they need and want. Which then leaves you on the hunt for god only knows what! If you're like me, here are a few ideas to kick start your hunt.

Let's all be honest, a 'for him' post wouldn't be the same without the inclusion of a Lynx body set. It's a classic you can't go wrong with, no matter how many times they say "are you trying to say I say smell?"

 If your man is one for the Xbox or PlayStation, a voucher for the online stores would be a good option as it's something they're into but doesn't limit them all too much. 

I have a thing for getting the necessities like socks or underwear or the type of deodorant or shower gels that are really nice but you wouldn't exactly buy for yourself as an everyday item as stocking fillers or to go along side a main present. If your dad, brother, partner, uncle, whatever, are like my Josh, new socks never go a miss because the amount of socks that have holes in the toes or the heels.

Alcohol can also be palmed off as a Christmas present. Nice wines or whiskey can be nice as a gift or to bring to the table when you're invited to dinner. Of course, the type of alcohol is down to personal preference.

When can you go wrong with food? Unless they have some sort of allergy, the possibilities are pretty much endless. Around Christmas, the Co-Op do deals where you can buy two tubs of celebrations, Heroes, Quality Streets or Roses for £9 (of course, that price may vary depending on store location but that's normally the price during the festive period here in Guernsey). That works out cheaper than buying one box at £5.99.

Clothes are always a good option for men. Especially when you've seen things you like for them they've seen a few items they've liked but never actually picked up in the end. Even if you can't find anything you deem suitable for his tastes, you can always get a voucher for whichever store he shops in most ; this also allows him to hunt the Boxing Day and/or January Sales for his own preferences.

For the car fanatics, air fresheners, buffer polish or a tool set are options. A general handy-man tools set is a good option for the men out there who like to get their hands dirty or just refuse to let another man fix up his house.

Wow, to say I thought I was going to struggle for ideas for this post, I don't think I did all to badly.

Charlotte.

Comments

Popular Posts